Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Family Day is EVERYDAY!

I used to think that family meant those who  a) you were born to b) had the same parents as you c) were your parent's parents d) were your parents siblings, and their children e) your children....  you get the picture.  In my close to half a decade of life I've learned that that absolutely isn't so.  Sometimes those who are 'blood relatives' have very little to do with you and your life (and you possibly prefer it that way.....?).
But then there are those who come into your life, either as friends, strangers, or even through marriage, who can make such a huge impact on your life.  In my case, my aunt and uncle are my 'immediate' family.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  They've been there through thick and thin and have made it to see my life take a wonderful turn around; maybe not perfect, but wonderful just the same.I'll stop there, even though I could write a book on what they've done and been for me.
Then I met my now husband.  Along with his 'amazingness' came his family.  With all that I went through and the backing that I got from them, is to say the least, amazing. I felt like I belonged from the moment I met each and every one of them, and it has stayed that way.  My kids consider them family and I would never try to convince them otherwise.
As we celebrated family day together with my husbands family, I got an overwhelming feeling of love and oneness that I don't believe I've ever experienced.  I'm so very thankful to be a part of that family and will cherish every moment we have together, whether in person, online, on the phone, or otherwise.
Cherish those you love.  Don't wait for Christmas or Family Day to spend time with your family.  Make it a point to be with your family, whoever they may be.  You do NOT have to do anything special.  Just get together for a lovely brunch, go for breakfast on a Sunday morning, or any morning, go camping together.  Just do, and be.  Enjoy being in each others' presence, and make plans for the next get together before you leave.  It does the soul good.

May blessings of abundance in all that comes from truth, goodness, and light, find their way to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is your opportunity to provide feedback, comments, and ask questions. Comments will be reviewed and may be posted when determined appropriate to this site.